These are some interesting resources for Medical Students, Healthcare providers or anyone curious about medical sciences.
- InsightHeart, by Animares : An incredible simulation of the human heart, an educational roller-coaster!
- Keep tuned for InsightBody, an ARkit based platform, for interactive, mobile, AR educational platform.
- Medical Realities : A fantastic Surgery Learning platform, lead by Professor Shafi Ahmed and his team in the UK, making surgical education accessible by the use of Virtual Reality technologies.
- Jamie Katuna’s media platform. Addressing every issue important to the contemporary medical student, and more…
- The Social Media Course from Webicina, is a fantastic resource, with several Prezi modules, to learn the basics of the use of So Me in Healthcare.
- If you are looking for a curated source of applications, I think this is the best App Resource: iMedicalapps
- If you are looking for the best site to find the best curated medical information, you must check Webicina
- Exponential Medicine, an amazing conference that deals with futurism and innovation in healthcare. A must-attend for anyone interested in medicine and technology.
Exponential Medicine 2015– Singularity University/ San Diego, California, 2015
Full Conference coverage by MedGadget:
Day 1- Exponential Medicine #1
Day 2- Exponential Medicine #2
Day 3- Exponential Medicine #3
Day 4- Exponential Medicine #4 ( My presentation included, after Ray Kurzweil’s)
- WebSurg.com is the ultimate e-surgical reference library. It requires registration but it is free and an incredibly helpful tool.
- TouchSurgery is my favorite e-Atlas of surgical procedures/ Surgical Simulator. Several operations, step by step, as performed in real life, in high definition, digital images, created and explained by surgical experts.
See an example, Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Anatomy 4D: This is a fantastic , Augmented Reality App that can be very helpful in the study of anatomy.
There are some books that really illustrate and help shape a vision… that eventually become part of the foundation of a movement, of a way of thinking.
The following books represent, in my view, a clear example of this assertion.
- The Creative Destruction of Medicine, by Eric Topol, MD.
- The Patient Will See You Now, by Eric Topol, MD.
- All of the books by Atul Gawande, MD
- A TED talk by Abraham Verghese, MD
- In-Training : Medical Students site; a really outstanding resource
Proceducate The ultimate hans-on app for learning practical medical procedures